After pressure from truckers, the Quebec Transport Department has finally decided to release the list of 135 overpasses it considers “at-risk” (but not “unsafe”) and is prohibiting overloaded trucks from taking them. The complete list is in PDF form on their website.
It contains eight overpasses on the Island of Montreal:
I’ve plotted them on Google Maps. Click the image above to see in detail. They are:
- An overpass (the department isn’t clear which one) on Highway 520 South over itself (?) leading to the airport
- Côte-Vertu Blvd. over Highway 13
- Tellier Street over Highway 25, a few blocks north of the tunnel
- Monette Street over Highway 138 in LaSalle (this counts as two separate overpasses, one for each direction of the 138)
- Gouin Blvd. over Highway 19 (Papineau)
- Bleury Street over Highway 720, beside the Palais des Congrès
- The exit ramp from Highway 13 northbound to Highway 40 over Saint-François Road
UPDATE: I’ve added the rest of the 135 overpasses.
I desperately need something more productive to do with my time.