Back by popular demand, the second edition of Montreal's Largest Water Fight is tomorrow (Sunday) at 1 p.m. at Angrignon Park (by the lake just outside the metro station).
Facebook lists 150 confirmed guests, which probably means it'll get about 75 or so. The weather tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and dryer than today, but still warm and humid.
If I can look this sexy after being bombarded by water, chances are you can look better.
A few tips from someone who didn't think before the first one:
- Bring a small watertight sandwich bag to put your wallet and cellphone in so they don't get soaked. Keep anything you don't really need at home.
- Consider bringing a spare pair of shoes (or do it in sandals), as well as dry clothes in a watertight plastic bag unless you want to go home soaking (which isn't necessarily a bad idea)
- Test your weapons before heading down
- Remember that this is dirty lake water being shot at you, not clean tap water. Act accordingly, and don't drink it.
- If you're buying a gun last-minute, Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart (both are a short bus trip away from the Angrignon Metro on the 106) have cheap Chinese Super-Soaker knockoffs for about $20.