Improv Everywhere, the New York City-based scene-causer, has another mission up, which involved dozens of people freezing in place at Grand Central Station for exactly five minutes. They've also started up a social network for people from elsewhere in the world to connect. Here's the Montreal group, which so far only has three members.
Speaking of this kind of unauthorized fun in public places, a scavenger hunt is being planned in the underground city next weekend. Facebook has over a dozen participants confirmed.
For those of you with moral objections to that site, here's the details:
Saturday, Feb. 9, 3pm-5pm
Top cloor (Niveau Cinéma) of the Eaton Centre, McGill metro
Sign in when you arrive at the checkpoint with your team name and members (up to three)
This is a free, all ages event
- Do not leave the underground city. You are using the honor system.
- You will need:
- a bag
- a bit of money (no more than 5$)
- something to take pictures with (a camera phone is OK)
- something to tell time with
- Time – You have from when we release you until 5:10 on the judges' timepiece (official time). If your entire team is not back by then, only what has arrived will be counted.
- Points will be awarded once per team for each item on the list brought to the finish.
- Judges' decisions are final