After writing what is essentially an obit of its former printing plant, Le Devoir looks to the future, and lists some improvements that are coming with is new Quebecor-owned presses. Many of them are the opposite of what you’d expect from a newspaper in this economy:
- First edition deadline is now 10:30pm instead of 8:30pm, allowing the paper to have election results, sports results (including most Canadiens games) and concert reviews in the paper the next day.
- A larger paper (though this part is a bit vague) “en haute saison”
- An increase in the point size of text
- More use of full-colour inside the paper
- Weekly Agenda section printed using a heat set process, which means the ink won’t rub off on your hands
- Reduction in the top and bottom margins, meaning the paper will be 4cm shorter without losing any content