The Réseau de transport de Longueuil, which handles public transit in Longueuil and its merged and demerged suburbs, is making a big effort to add service in a new schedule which began on Monday, especially in St. Bruno, which it had served with a handful of bus and collective taxi lines through an agreement with Veolia Transport. The contract (which the RTL points out predates its own existence) expired on Sunday, and the RTL is taking over service directly.
Among the additions, some of which are outlined in the press release:
- 55: One new departure in the afternoon rush hour
- 73: Two new departures in the afternoon rush hour
- 80: Two new departures in the afternoon rush hour
- 98: This route, which had previously only served St. Bruno locally, has been extended to Terminus Longueuil (but only during rush hours). A section on Grand Boulevard has been cut from its route, and will be served instead by the T99 taxi service.
- T-20: Two new departures in the morning rush hour
- T-89: Service extended to Saturday and Sunday rush hours
- Other service improvements have been made on routes 20, 47, 91, 92, 99, 132, 192, T-23, and T-99
- Other changes have been made to schedules on routes 10, 14, 15, 21, 30, 31, 34, 37, 38, 42, 44, 48, 49, 54, 73, 78, 85, 115, 132 and 142
- Two lines, 93 and T94, have been removed from service. They both served St. Bruno and are being replaced with added service to other lines