The Canadian Music and Broadcast Industry Awards nominations were announced last week.
With more than a dozen categories and 7-9 nominees per category, the bar isn’t very high. But nevertheless, congratulations to the nominees from Montreal (all anglophone stations, since I guess French-language ones are excluded):
- Program director of the year (major market): Mark Bergman, CJFM
- Station of the year (hot adult contemporary): Virgin Radio 96 (CJFM)
- Station of the year (classic gold): CHOM
- Station of the year (multicultural): Radio Centre-Ville (CINQ)
- Station of the year (news/talk): CJAD
Among categories with no Montreal nominees are music director of the year and on-air talent. I’m sure critics of commercial radio here will be liberal in their interpretation of that.
The awards, along with others for the recording and touring industry, are handed out March 22 during Canadian Music Week in Toronto.