Neil McKenty, the former broadcaster and author, died early on Saturday.
McKenty's broadcasting career was before my time, far enough that I can't really add anything insightful to the obits already done about him today:
- Former Gazette reporter Alan Hustak writes a detailed obit for The Métropolitain
- CTV's Camille Ross speaks with his widow, people at CJAD and Hustak
- CJAD has an obit with an audio report from Shuyee Lee, plus interviews with Rick Leckner and Joe Cannon
- The Gazette has an obit with a nice vintage photo of McKenty at CJAD
- A few memories from Mark Korman on his Montreal Radio Blog.
McKenty's blog, where he did most of his writing recently, has been updated with a note announcing his death and giving funeral information.
If you want to get an idea what he was like, you can watch an episode of McKenty Live, put on CFCF's website last year as part of its 50th anniversary.