St. Laurent near Prince Arthur, midnight June 22.
… comes Garbage Day, apparently.
I pity people who have to drive around downtown this weekend. It’s worse than usual because of all the street closures:
- Ste. Catherine Street is closed between St. Marc and Jeanne-Mance because of a street sale this weekend
- St. Hubert is closed between Bellechasse and Jean-Talon because of a street sale
- The area around Place des Arts on Ste. Catherine Street is closed… just ’cause there’s a giant stage there and no point in moving it between festivals
- St. Catherine Street is closed between Berri (really St. André) and Papineau for the summer
- The Latin Quarter (St. Denis and de Maisonneuve and the streets around it) is closed for the Just for Laughs festival
- Notre Dame was closed last night near de Lorimier because of the fireworks
- Crescent Street is closed between de Maisonneuve and Ste. Catherine for expanded terrasses and entertainment
And I’m sure there’s plenty I missed. It all adds up to one giant headache for downtown drivers.