So blue collar workers had put in so much overtime hauling away snow that they reached the 70-hours-a-week limit set by law and had to take a day off before going back to work.
Media reaction to this was:
- To explain that the reason for this law is to protect everyone’s safety and it’s better to take the day off now than in the middle of the next snowstorm
- To question whether we need more blue collar workers or should consider staggering their work hours instead of using them all at once when a snowstorm hits
- To point out that blue-collar workers are humans, who have been without a contract for a long time, and who haven’t gotten paid for all their overtime in the past month
- To call on citizens to do their part to make snow clearing faster and easier
- OUTRAGE! How dare they stop working when they’ve only put in 70 hours a week?