The Canadian Association of Broadcasters presented their gold-ribbon awards this month to radio and television productions that … uhh… achieve. About a third of the awards went to Montreal-based productions, and of those only two (both in radio) are English. Both radio and television breaking news awards went to coverage of the Dawson College shooting, for CJAD and TVA respectively.
The awards were pretty well spread out, though TVA picked up three awards for television and Astral Media dominated the radio and specialty channel awards (8 total). CTVglobemedia was second-best overall, with 6 awards from four cities.
Of a particular note is a well-deserved win for François Pérusse‘s Les deux minutes du peuple in the radio humour category. The series of short, fast-talking skits was nominated last year but this is its first win.
- BREAKING NEWS: CJAD (Dawson College Shooting) Astral Media Inc.
- HUMOUR – ENGLISH: CHOM (Terry, Ted and Kim in the Morning) Astral Media Inc.
- HUMOUR – FRENCH: CKMF (Les deux minutes du peuple) Astral Media Inc.
- ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMMING: CFTM-TV (Gala Artis 2006) Groupe TVA inc.
- FICTIONAL PROGRAMMING: CFTM-TV (Nos étés II) Groupe TVA inc.
- MAGAZINE PROGRAMMING: CFJP-TV (Qu’est-ce qui mijote) TQS inc.
- NEWS: BREAKING NEWS: CFTM-TV (Fusillade au Collège Dawson) Groupe TVA inc.
- ENTERTAINMENT SPECIAL/SERIES: Séries+ (François en série – saison 1) Astral Media Inc. & Alliance Atlantis
- MAGAZINE PROGRAMMING: ARTV (Mange ta ville)
- NEWS AND CURRENT EVENTS: SPECIAL/ SERIES: RDI (Le Mur)
- PROMOTION: BRAND IMAGE: Ztélé (Identifications « La Route Ztélé ») Astral Media Inc.
- PUBLIC SERVICE: Canal Vie (Campagne « Don d’organes ») Astral Media Inc.