The polls have closed, and results are already trickling in from four ridings.
The predictions: Liberals have a small chance of forming a majority, and the PQ has a moderate chance of forming a minority, but the most likely scenario sees a Liberal minority with the PQ in opposition.
- CTV, CBC, Radio-Canada, TVA, RDI, CPAC, LCN and CTV NewsNet have non-stop election coverage.
- TQS is starting its coverage at 9:30, and is showing a documentary on Valery Fabrikant right now.
- Télé-Quebec is incorporating election coverage into regular programming, with Bazzo on right now and the seat projections on the screen.
- Global is running regular programming and giving updates during commercials and having actual coverage only at 11.
- The National Assembly channel is dead air.
- CNN is updating us on Anna Nicole Smith.
- CBC Radio One, Radio Canada (première chaîne), CJAD, 940 News, Info 690 and 98.5 are running election coverage.
- CKAC has regular programming with updates.
- The Gazette has abdicated its live coverage to Canadian Press, whose servers appear to be crashing under the load.
- Ditto Globe and Mail.
- CBC.ca, as usual, has its comprehensive online election section,
though I can’t find riding-by-riding results. Riding-by-riding results are under “riding profiles”. Hardly intuitive.
- Cyberpresse has CP covering the riding results, but is running regular story updates and blog posts.
- Quebecor’s Canoe (Journal, TVA) has an excellent elections website, with easy-to-find riding-by-riding results.
- CTV Montreal has no online coverage whatsoever. CTV.ca links to CP’s flash results.