Those of you willing to wake up early enough to listen to it will not only listen to my embarrassingly awful French being broadcasted to a huge audience, but that same awful French made awfuler by the fact that I’ll be low on sleep.
Anyone have a message for Patrice l’Écuyer?
- Mom: “Your dad wants to know what radio station it is.”
- Me: “105.7 Rythme FM.”
- Dad: “Jim FM?”
- Me: “No. Rythme FM. Rhythm. 105.7”
- Dad: “What are the call letters?”
- Me: “I don’t know. They don’t use them.”
- Mom: “He doesn’t know. It’s Rim FM. R-I-M.”
- Me: “NO! RYTHME FM. R-Y-T-H-M-E!”
- Mom: “Oh. Rythme FM.”
- Dad: “What are the call letters? It’s C-something.”
- Me (Googling): “CFGL.”
- Mom: “CFGL.”
- Dad: “Ahh! CFGL! Why didn’t he just say so?”
My dad’s a devout CHOM listener. The remaining stations he knows only by their callsign.
Let’s hope the station understands me better through my cellphone.