Hi. My name's Steve Faguy. I'm a twenty-something geek freelance journalist who lives in Montreal. This blog is about my various thoughts.
What this blog is about
- Montreal, and the stuff that happens inside this city, including its public transit system
- Highlights of the local blogosphere, from my extensive Montreal blogroll (375 of them and counting)
- A critical (but fair if not humorous) look at the Montreal media, and where appropriate the media at large
- My opinions on just about anything I want to talk about
- Pointers to my articles when they're published
What this blog is not about
- Me, my hopes, dreams and innermost feelings. My life is not that interesting, and I have a limited supply of adjectives in my vocabulary.
- That cool YouTube video going around. I can't outdo Fark, and I'm not going to try. Unless it's Montreal-related, or I just really like it.
- The latest indie punk-rock band playing at Sala Rossa. I'm not a music critic. Very little of this kind of music appeals to me. Check out Midnight Poutine for local music stuff.
"Fagstein" isn't my name. It's a username I use, and it's derived from the nickname an old girlfriend had for me. You can call me Steve.
I have a short list of Montreal-based blogs in my sidebar. I would include a full list of all the local blogs I read, but that list would have hundreds of blogs in it. Instead, I'm focusing on those non-personal blogs that talk about the city itself. For a list of some quality local blogs, check out the Montreal blogosphere section or go to Yulblog.org
Why are you mean to people?
I'm not. I'm critical. And I usually try to be funny about it. Don't take it personally.
I don't care what you say about me on your blog, but could you change what you wrote about me in that blog post because someone might not get your joke and it makes me look bad?
Please see the previous point. If you can make a convincing case that I was unnecessarily mean, I might edit the post to make it more clear that I wasn't serious.
I Googled the name of a local journalist, and a post on your blog is the only thing that came up. Should I not hire this person solely because of some bad joke you made at their expense a while back?
Yes. You see I specifically set out to destroy people's careers with offhand comments, knowing full well that I and I alone have the power to control their destiny.
Your blog looks like shiat.
It's designed to be as simple and easy-to-read as possible. I'm not trying to wow you with AJAX or rounded corners or giant graphics. As long as you can read the posts and navigate properly, I've accomplished my task.
Email is always the best way: email@example.com